Monday, January 19, 2009

knock, knock...welcome to iowa.

Last weekend, my mom and I drove up to Iowa City to visit Beth. Brooke drove down from Chicago and met us there too! We missed you Claire :(! We visited Sisters' Garden and Bloom in Kalona, Iowa. The shop has everything from furniture and antiques to vintage purses and necklaces. Brooke and I found some great vintage necklaces inspired by the J. Crew Spring Catalog! This shop also sells Papaya art, journals, and cards. Beth gave me a calendar for Christmas and she purchased it here!



This is the Kalona Cheese House. We ate some of these yummy cheese curds before our lunch at Tuscan Moon in downtown Kalona, Iowa.

On Friday night, I had an accident and this was the mound of snow that got in my way! UGH! My company car has a few bruises. The passenger door and fender will have to be replaced. I'm just glad that mom was okay, since the other driver hit her side of the car! (Obviously, this photo is in daylight. And, my accident was at night)!



Thanks for a nice visit Beth. Too bad, I didn't take any photos of your clean basement. I hope it is staying tidy! Enjoy the rest of that Iowa Winter!

No comments: