Wednesday, November 19, 2008

attack of the squirrels...it isn't funny!


Have you been hearing scratching noises coming from above? Then you may have a squirrel in the attic problem! On Monday morning, I was working on my computer in my kitchen when I heard a "scratching" noise upstairs in my attic. With my attic being finished, I went upstairs to check it out. The "scratching" noise was coming from the low ceiling area by my television. I then heard little footsteps running across the ceiling. So after reading online about the destruction a squirrel can cause to your property, I called Critter Control.
On Tuesday morning, the tech came out for an inspection. He lifted the attic access point and the little suckers went crazy, running back and forth above the ceiling! Immediately, the tech determined the noises to be squirrels. He went outside and inspected the perimeter of the house, including the roof. He determined that the point of entry was the rooftop vent. GREAT! Next step, trap the little suckers! So, now that I have spent $259 for the initial inspection (this includes the first captured squirrel), let's find out how much more this is going to cost me! When the trapping process is complete it is recommended that I install a screen around the vent to prohibit future squirrel break-ins...estimated cost $169. Plus, each additional squirrel caught will be $79. OUCH. I will keep you all updated with the body count...right now, I am at 2 successful traps! Total cost $507, or $253.50 per squirrel!

1 comment:

claire said...

cost of gun on black market $50-100. pay me 20$ per squirrel. cost so far $90-140.
better yet. mouse trap $3. pair of gloves $5. per squirrel, $20. cost so far $48.